This page will host last minute updates and images showing the prevailing conditions when we issue advance warnings and cancelations because of sea state. Some images are taken from our start point in other cases it is a image from the Met Office or Magic Seaweed where we take information from to decide if its safe to run an activity.
There is no addtional information available to us, so advance warnings and cancelations are based on the latest forecasts. We only cancel sessions for safety reasons.
Our operating level for all Sea Kayaking is Force 2 to 3. This equates to a 10mph wind limit and swell not exceeding 3ft. There are a number of other variables for us to consider.
To understand more about wind and swell and surf please look at the useful information on Wikipedia by Clicking Here